In today’s “Did you know?” we’re going to talk about the F&B department, which too many times is forgotten between all the hotel operations decisions.
First, let’s acknowledge the struggles of this department.
How many of you, F&B experts, struggled with any of the points below?
- The hassle to find the room where the guest is, in the many pages we have in front of us – and the queue keeps growing.
- How many guests are missing breakfast?
- Are there any guests with special requirements or allergies?
- Is the food enough? Do I need more staff for the service today or this week?
- Am I at full occupancy or do I still have availability?
We will repeat ourselves, but here it goes: embrace the digitalization in all your departments, no exception!
But let’s focus on the Food & Beverage department:
- Create shifts for any service time (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
Organise and control the maximum-safest occupancy that you have established.
- Manage the restaurant bookings based on the above.
Plan for manpower and food delivery to maintain quality service at all levels.
- Allow your guests to book a table without having to go or call the reception.
In a contactless way (web-based), through the Guest in Touch module, your guests can choose the available times and have a real-time seating occupancy by colours, avoiding the busiest hours.
More mobility, more automation and better interdepartmental communication.
And it doesn’t have to be expensive to evolve your hotel!